The Covid-19 Song

The gist of COVID chaos summed up in the theme of a pop song of the bygone era.

The 'Animal Song' in essence as a metaphor for this uncomfortable situation

Covid-Chaos
A depiction of the Covid Chaos

The Covid Chaos

When paychecks and covid scare
are running through your head
MSM freak show, propaganda everywhere
Sight of people makes me nervous
I sense virus every where
Got to stay safe
I'll put on the mask now

Cuz I want to live
(just another day)
I am careful and alert
(unlike, I normally am)
I've gotta live,
I am gonna get through
this madness somehow
So must keep
safe distance for now

I am having difficulty
hand-washing all the time
Sanitise everything,
not sure what should be spared?
So much love for chemicals
everybody gone insane
Umpteen theories out there
How can I not be more scared?

Capitalism in this madness
Capitalism the med. business yeah!
Numbers are constantly rising
Yet all they have is,
a vaccine coming your way

I am getting sick of this nonsense
(but hell I am scared)
I so want to live like animals
(and not give a damn)
I am gonna get through this madness somehow
There's an ease in the lock-down for now

"Like the withered leaves of the fall, this shall be gone too. Yet the fear like a trauma will persist. We don't know yet, how it will change us. One thing's certain though, a change certainly has been expedited."

Sometimes it comes to hard choices
But it ain't confusing,
just something you have to follow
Is it the zombie apocalypse?
Because I am going paranoid
in my mind

When politics and Covid scare
are running through your head
Social media, fake news
and all the disinformation campaigns
It's a circus on the TV
whole lot of ridiculous debates
Reality always a miss
sensationalism and theatrics
It's a shame!

Liars and cons have
hefty payoffs
Shrinking economy
and the layoffs (damn)
'Carrot and stick'
are authoritarian bygones
'Divide and rule'
the democratic way now
This is the new normal
you can no longer run from it
Because the pathogen
like a malware is in the system now.

To whose gain?

This strange circus has persisted for far too long. It hasn't faded, rather it shall not fade. It's a work in progress and cost keeps mounting!

Meanwhile, the work of decades has been undone in months. And as the fault-line deepens across the length and breadth of the globe, shockwaves are bound to follow!




© 2021 Ashutosh Joshi

Comments

Popular Posts

Operation Hat: When CIA lost a Plutonium Powered Spying Device in Nanda Devi Hills

It's Election Time Again

India Takes Down Fake Currency